Not very far in the past I posted a blog arrangement on Direct Routing, which I exceptionally urge you to look at if your association will go this course. To add on to this, Microsoft has as of late discharged a Health Dashboard for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing which will enable you to screen your association between your SBC and the Direct Routing interface. In this article we’ll separate the capacities of the Health Dashboard and show how valuable this new element can be for checking and investigating your Direct Routing condition.
Click on the link to know more: Office.com/setup
Wellbeing Dashboard for Direct Routing
With this most recent update to the Microsoft Teams administrator gateway you would now be able to screen data about your:
- Communication Service
- System parameters between the SBC and the Direct Routing interface
With this new all encompassing perspective to Direct Routing checking you can rapidly recognize issues, for example, dropped calls and discover the main driver (for example lapsed authentications or system issues). Microsoft has moved toward this checking in 2 unique ways:
- Taking a gander at by and large wellbeing of the associated SBC’s
- Delving further into increasingly point by point data about the associated SBC’s
By and large Health of associated SBC’s
To give you a case of what you can hope to see when in the Teams administrator focus, you see int he screen shot beneath that the observing checks explicit viewpoints like:
- SBC FQDN
- The deliberate capacity of the system to convey a call with respect to calls sent versus calls conveyed
- Prohibits call dismissals by the far-end client (this is considered an effective conveyance)
- Recipe: NER (Network Effectiveness Ratio) = Answered calls + User caught up with +Ring no answer + Terminal reject seizures x 100
- Click on the link to know more: Office.com/setup
Normal call term
- Call span can regularly help screen the nature of the calls
- Shorter length normally shows quality issues
- Calls under <15 sec normally mean something in the call turned out badly and the client had to end the call
TLS network status
- Demonstrates the status of the TLS association between the SBC and the Direct Routing Interface.
- Checks for testament termination on the SBC
- Gives cautioning when testament is 30 days from terminating
Taste alternative status
Shows if there is an issue with SIP alternative stream. Additionally gives a point by point depiction of the blunders
Qualities for SIP choices status messages are as per the following:
- Dynamic – Means SBC is dynamic and the Direct Routing interface sees the choices being conveyed on a standard interim Cautioning, no SIP alternatives – This implies the SBC is discoverable in the earth and is designed to send SIP choices, however the Direct Routing administration isn’t accepting SIP choices returning from the SBC
- Cautioning – SIP Messages aren’t arranged – This implies the storage compartment observing for the SIP choices isn’t empowered.
Microsoft Calling System uses SIP choices + TLS handshake observing to identify the soundness of the SBC at an application level
On the off chance that the storage compartment can be arrived at when pinging it, however the SBC declaration has terminated or SIP stack doesn’t work appropriately, at that point Microsoft suggests empowering sending SIP alternatives.
Simultaneous call limit
Ascertains what number of calls were sent/gotten by Direct Routing
- Utilize the New-CsOnlinePSTNGateway/Set-CsOnlinePSTNGateway direction alongside the – MaxConcurrentSessions parameter
In any case, pause, that is not all… .! You can burrow significantly more profound by taking a gander at the point by point see which will give data on a particular SBC (as found in the picture beneath).
This point by point SBC view demonstrates the accompanying:
- TLS Connectivity status – Same measurement as “By and large Health” page.
- TLS Connectivity last status – Shows the last time when the SBC made a TLS association with the Direct Routing administration.
- Taste choices status – same measurement as “By and large Health” page.
- Taste choices last checked – Shows the last time when SIP alternatives were gotten.
- SBC status – Current status of that specific SBC.
- Simultaneous call – Shows every single simultaneous call being taken care of on that specific SBC.
You can channel on a multi day, multi day, or multi day premise
Gives measurements to inbound, outbound, and all streams
- System parameters – Shows all system parameters estimated from the Direct Routing interface to the SBC.
The accompanying measurements are estimated:
- Jitter – Measures the variety in system proliferation defer time between 2 endpoints that utilization RTCP in miliseconds (ms)
- Bundle Loss – Measures parcel entry disappointment between 2 endpoints
- Dormancy/RTT – Length of time it takes for a sign to be sent + the time it takes for an affirmation to be gotten. Comprises of engendering times between 2 points of a sign
- System Effectiveness proportion (NER) – Same parameter that shows up on the “General Health” page
Gives you the extra capacity to channel information by time arrangement or call bearing
For a full breakdown of this new expansion to the Teams administrator focus, you can checkout the official documentation here.